John Noell, P.E., RPLS has over 38 years experience in the preparation of site plans and construction documents for residential subdivisions, office parks, retail centers, and apartment projects. Institutional projects have included large mixed-use developments, government facilities, and multi-million dollar capital improvements. Mr. Noell has extensive experience in hydrologic and hydraulic modeling and design of structures including low-water bridges, impoundments and culverts. His experience includes floodplain studies and floodplain reclamation projects from a few acres to hundreds of acres.
Mr. Noell also has considerable experience in the design and construction of water quality treatment systems and stormwater modeling and storage facility design. Mr. Noell also serves as UDG's principal in charge of surveying, R.O.W. and easement preparation.
He received a Bachelor of Science in Civil Engineering with Honors, and a Master of Science in Engineering with emphasis in Environmental Health Engineering, from the University of Texas at Austin.
Some of his projects include:
- Leander TOD 404 Permit - Project principal for all floodplain analysis of creeks within the TOD. Work includes coordination with planners, Torti Gall0s & Partners, on use of floodplain as pedestrian ways, recreation, water features and water quality.
- Leander Subdivision - Project manager for all civil engineering planning and surveying services for a new subdivision. The project consisted of preparation of a concept plan and preliminary plan for a mixed-use development project which includes a location for the Leander Transit Center. Work also included construction plans for streets serving the Transit Center, along with related water, wastewater, drainage and water quality pond improvements. Site design was accomplished using input from Capital Metro for its Park and Ride facility and for future commuter rail access. Street, utility, drainage and water quality pond designs were completed to comply with the City of Leander and TCEQ requirements. UDG prepared a Conditional Letter of Map Revision (CLOMR) which was reviewed and approved by the City of Leander and by FEMA. The CLOMR improvements are permitted by the US Army Corps of Engineers under a nationwide permit.
- Leander Transit Oriented District (TOD) Landowners Groups - Utility & Drainage Master Plan - Mr. Noell served as a technical consultant for large landowners within the Stakeholders Group that worked with the consultant developing the TOD plan for Leander.
- Regional Plan for Barton Springs Segment of The Edwards Aquifer - Mr. Noell served as a technical consultant for large landowners on the Stakeholders Group that worked with the CORE Committee. CORE Committee was comprised of elected officials from communities that are within the Edwards Contributing and Recharge Zones.
- LCRA Non-Point Source Pollution Task Force - Mr. Noell serves as a technical representative for the Builders Association on this task force.
- Interport - Project Manager for planning and design of a 651 acre proposed mixed-use development located on Highway 71 near the Austin-Bergstrom Airport. The property is previous farmland with frontage on Onion Creek and the Colorado River. UDG has provided engineering and surveying services for the initial feasibility, zoning, topographic mapping and subdivision. Services have included design of street, drainage, utility and water quality improvements for the mixed‑use (retail/commercial, warehouse/industrial/flex, multifamily) subdivision. UDG prepared a floodplain analysis of Onion Creek which refined the previous FEMA preliminary study including re‑evaluation of the 100-year flood flow rate and calibration of the water surface profile model adding additional sections and using measured flow and depth data from the October 1998 flood. Design has also required coordination with the design and alignment of Highway 130.
- 183/620 Group Improvements - Water, wastewater, drainage, and roadway improvements, Austin, Texas. Project manager for planning of infrastructure improvements to serve the 183/620 area.
- Austin Bergstrom International Airport - Project principal for design of drainage, water quality and roadway improvements for new Austin Airport. Improvements included water quality pond, detention pond, storm sewer/drainage channel system, roadway expansion and new roadways to serve Rental Car Area and maintenance facility.
- Big Sky Ranch, Hays County, TX - Project manager for planning and design of 1,500 lot residential subdivision. Work includes all surveying, platting, design of streets, drainage and utility improvements. Project required an extensive flood plain analysis and design of on-site wastewater irrigation system.
- Palmer Events Center and Parking Garage - Town Lake Park - Project manager for preliminary flood plain analysis for site development of proposed park improvements. Work included preliminary analysis of existing City of Austin flood plain report for East Bouldin Creek and development of solutions to allow garage construction within the flood plain.
- Convention Center Chilled Water Lines - Project manager for chilled water supply and return lines in Downtown Austin for Austin Energy. The various phases of the project included a total of 6,700 L.F. of 18 inch through 30 inch lines.
- Country Club Apartments, Austin, TX - Project manager for survey, design and construction of 230-unit apartment complex on a 20 acre site. Work included site grading and utility design and channel improvements to Country Club Creek.
- Gaines Ranch, Austin TX - Project manager for planning and subdivision of 150 acre mixed-use project. Design work included roadway, drainage and utility improvements. Work also included extensive water quality and irrigation system and design and construction of 1,500 L.F. wastewater line, 2,500 L.F. force main and 500 gpm lift station.
- Pleasant Valley Villas, Austin, TX - Project manager for planning and design of an 80 duplex lot Smart Housing subdivision. Project work included all surveying, platting, and design of streets, drainage, utility and water quality improvements. The project also included flood plain analysis, design of culverts and extension of Pleasant Valley Road.
- Railyard - Project principal for a 1,950 lot single family development located in Hays County, Texas.
- Rivery - Project principal for survey and engineering design of approximately 3,000 L.F. of roadway and drainage improvements, approximately 3,500 L.F. of water line and 4,500 L.F. of wastewater line on a 20 acre mixed-use commercial site. UDG also prepared and obtained approval from the TNRCC for a Water Pollution Abatement Plan.