On a cliff overlooking Lady Bird Lake, Out the back door is one of the most spectacular views in Austin.
The City of Austin purchased the Norwood Estate in 1985 for use as public parkland. Current master plan efforts are underway for the Norwood Park Foundation to develop a restoration plan that includes:
- Reservable facilities for public use
- Office space
- A 2,000 S.F. building addition
- Adaptive resuse of the historic pool
- Public restroom facilities
- Commercial kitchen
- Educational/interpretive and public art elements
- On-site parking and removal of former driveway
- Fenced off-leash area
- Enhanced connectivity to public transportation and trailhead
- Tree preservation
- Maximize view potential
UDG has provided master planning services for the Norwood Park since the early 1990’s – first, for the Women’s Chamber of Commerce restoration efforts, then the City of Austin Master Plan for Norwood Park and currently for the Norwood Park Foundation. Civil work includes utilities, parking, permitting requirements and water quality.
… To UDG Portfolio …